Concrete decor items are gaining immense popularity due to their industrial, minimalist charm and durability. Whether you have bought concrete vases, candle holders, or sculptures from our store, these items can be a striking addition to your home. To keep your concrete decor looking its best, it's essential to give them some tender loving care. In this blog post, we'll explore some valuable tips to help you preserve the beauty and longevity of your concrete decor.
1. Routine Dusting: Dust and dirt can accumulate on the surface of your concrete decor, making it look dull. To keep them looking fresh, use a soft, clean, dry cloth or a duster to gently remove dust. Be sure to dust your items regularly, especially if placed in high-traffic areas.
2. Swift Spill Cleanup: Accidents happen, and spills are no exception. If you accidentally spill liquid on your concrete decor, clean it up promptly to avoid stains. Use a mild, pH-balanced detergent and water mixture to clean the surface. Harsh chemicals can damage the finish, so it's best to steer clear of them.
3. Seal the Deal: All our items are sealed for waterproofing. Sealants also act as a protective shield, guarding your decor against potential damage. Consider applying a suitable sealer to your concrete decor items every 1-2 years protecting them from stains and moisture. Remember to choose a sealer that is compatible with your specific type of concrete (you can contact us!).
4. Guard Against Extreme Temperatures: Concrete is sensitive to extreme temperatures. Avoid placing your decor items in direct sunlight for extended periods as this can lead to fading and surface damage. Similarly, protect them from freezing temperatures, which can cause moisture to expand and result in cracks.
5. Moisture Management: Since concrete is a porous material, it can absorb some moisture even after sealing. Avoid the retention of moisture. This will help prevent water stains and potential damage.
6. Repairs and Touch-Ups: Over time, small chips or cracks might appear on your concrete decor. Don't fret; you can contact us or you can also repair yourself these imperfections with concrete or cement patching materials. Just ask us for the best results!
7. Proper Storage: If you need to store your concrete decor for an extended period, do so in a dry, cool place away from extreme temperatures and direct sunlight. Cover them with a cloth or bubble wrap to prevent scratches and dust accumulation.
8. Handle with Care: Concrete is a remarkably tough and durable material that can withstand a lot of wear and tear. However, like any material, it has its limits. Concrete decor items, while robust, can still be susceptible to damage. If they are dropped or subjected to forceful impacts, they can crack, chip, or even break. That's why it's essential always to handle your concrete vessels and decor with care.
By following these care tips, you can ensure that your concrete decor items maintain their distinctive beauty and character while enhancing your living space. Concrete decor is not just a fleeting trend; it's a timeless addition to your home that can be cherished for years to come with the right care and attention.